Even in a website like this, filled with the best Japan has to offer, the Odate Magewappa Cups are among the most Japanese items you can find. Not only because they have been made in Akita Prefecture but because they have been made using the magewappa technique, which has a history going back hundreds of years and because they also have a designer touch that most definitely comes from our age – and can be used for purposes that aren't at all traditional!
What does that mean? That the three Odate Magewappa Cups have been designed to be used for things like coffee or even beer: their urethane coating keeps them from getting stained no matter what you put in them and all you need to do to clean them is wash with regular detergent. Choose the one you prefer from the three versions (with white, black, or vermilion on their handle) and enjoy them like you would any other beverage container, while at the same time appreciating their amazing craftsmanship!
Specs and Features:
- Colors: white, black, vermillion
- Traditional Akita Prefecture magewappa steam-bending wood craft product
- Capacity: 330 ml (11.2 fl oz)
- Dimensions: 83 x 85 mm (3.3 x 3.3")
- Weight: 40 g (1.4 f oz)
- Material: urethane-covered Akita sugi (cedar)
- Do not use in microwave ovens and dishwashers