For Western Japan, including Kyoto, noodles means the wheat, thick, white udon type, but for Eastern Japan, including Tokyo, noodles means the buckwheat, thin, brownish soba – and it has done so since the Edo period (1600-1868), when what we now call Tokyo was the biggest city in the world! And like every soba connoisseur will tell you, the best soba are those you make yourself. It isn't hard, the ingredients can be found everywhere, and as for the equipment, it's taken care of by the Nagano Sangyo DIY Soba Noodles Cooking Set!
Which isn't one set – it's three! Depending on how many servings you want to prepare, you can order the set in small, medium, or large size (serving, respectively, 2-3, 4-5, or 5-6 people). What varies with each set is the length of the rolling pin and the black on the outside, red in the inside kneading bowl. The special stainless steel soba cleaver and the komaita cutting guide board as well as the instructional DVD are the same for all sets. These tools are all the utensils you need to make delicious soba noodles to enjoy with your tempura, tsuyu broth, and a touch of wasabi!
Specs and Features:
- Set of 5 items
- Size: S, M, L
- Serves 2-3 people (S), 4-5 people (M), 5-6 people (L)
- Dimensions (S): paulownia wood board 55 x 65 x 2 cm (21.6 x 25.5 x 0.8"), rolling pin 3 x 60 cm (1.1 x 23.6"), cutting guide board 24 cm (9.4"), stainless steel soba cleaver 24 cm (9.4"), ABS kneading bowl 30 cm (11.8")
- Dimensions (M): paulownia wood board 70 x 80 x 2 cm (27.5 x 31.4 x 0.8"), rolling pin 3 x 80 cm (1.1 x 31.4"), cutting guide board 24 cm (9.4"), stainless steel soba cleaver 24 cm (9.4"), ABS kneading bowl 36 cm (14.1")
- Dimensions (L): paulownia wood board 80 x 90 x 2 cm (31.4 x 35.4 x 0.8"), rolling pin 3 x 90 cm (1.1 x 35.4"), cutting guide board, 24 cm (9.4"), stainless steel soba cleaver 24 cm (9.4"), ABS kneading bowl 36 cm (14.1")
- Comes with instructional DVD
- Instructions/manual: Japanese (but illustrated)
Peso de envío:
6.5Kg / 14.3lbs