There's an urban legend in Japan that if you sleep with a fan breeze on you all night you might die. There's zero scientific basis for this but it has made the Japanese look for alternatives to make their summer nights more tolerable without resorting to air-conditioning, especially if they are environmentally sensitive. One such alternative is the Mini Air-Conditioned Mat Soyo AX-BS630 and it really delivers in a very effective and efficient way, even when Tokyo's summer is at its worst!
Made of polyester and cotton and with a filling of polyolefin elastomer that helps the air from its built-in fan to circulate, Atex's Mini Air-Conditioned Mat Soyo AX-BS630cill only takes up 1,200 x 500 x 60 mm (47.2 x 19.7 x 2.4") of your bed – or couch or even car, since it fits practically anywhere – and you can lie or sit on it to let it cool you. Being essentially just a mat-shaped fan, its power consumption is modest (1.5 W) and yet at 2,500 rpm, the fan circulates about 346 liters of cool air per minute. And with timer that turns the fan off after 6, 7.5, or 9 hours, it matches your sleeping habits perfectly!
Specs and Features:
- Max. fan speed: 2,500 rpm
- Air volume: 346 liters per min.
- Auto-off timer: 6, 7.5, 9 hours
- Detachable fan and padding for easier storage
- Dimensions: 1,200 x 500 x 60 mm (47.2 x 19.7 x 2.4")
- Weight: approx. 1.7 kg (3.7 lbs)
- Operating voltage: input AC 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz, 0.5 A, output DC 12 V, 1 A
- Power consumption: 1.5 W
- Materials: polyester, cotton, POE (polyolefin elastomer), ABS resin
- Comes with AC adapter
- Instructions/manual: Japanese