It looks and feels old school (and it was indeed invented over 500 years ago!) but in a country like Japan where the concept of central heating is still considered odd, the table, heater, and blanket combo called the kotatsu remains a very practical way to deal with the winter's cold. What the Kotamuki Personal Kotatsu brings to the, well, table is a more flexible approach to the kotatsu targeting people who need to work on their laptop from home. If this laptop is up to 17.3 inches, it will fit nicely on the Kotamuki's tabletop.
But it gets better: you can adjust the Kotamuki Personal Kotatsu table's height and its angle by up to 30 degrees, which makes it excellent for any type of computer use, business or pleasure. You can even use it as a stand for a book or magazine and read while staying warm. And speaking of staying warm, the Kotamuki has four temperature settings, ranging from about 38°C (100.4°F) to about 48°C (118.4°F). In other words, even if the room is really cold, everything under its 150 x 126 cm (4.9 x 4.1 ft) blanket will be nice and toasty.
Specs and Features:
- Top forward angle: 0-30 degrees
- Voltage: AC 100V, 50 Hz/60Hz
- Power consumption: 80 W
- Temperature settings: approx. 38°C (100.4°F), approx. 42°C (107.6°F), approx. 45°C (113°F), approx. 48°C (118.4°F)
- Timer: 30 min., 60 min., 90 min., 120 min.
- For laptops up to 17.3 inches
- Adjustable table height
- Maximum table dimensions (unfolded): approx. 570 x 390 x 310 mm (22.4 x 15.4 x 12.2")
- Minimum table dimensions (unfolded): approx. 570 x 260 x 310 mm (22.4 x 10.2 x 12.2")
- Top dimensions: approx. 310 x 570 x 15 mm (12.2 x 22.44 x 0.6")
- Dimensions (folded): approx. 570 x 70 x 310 mm (22.4 x 2.8 x 12.2")
- Blanket dimensions: approx. 150 cm x 126 cm (4.9 x 4.1 ft)
- Total power cable length: approx. 260 cm (8.5 ft)
- Table weight: approx. 2.25 kg (5 lbs)
- Blanket weight: approx. 1.1 kg (2.4 lbs)
- Materials: MDF, ABS, PP, aluminum alloy
- Blanket: 100% polyester
- Instructions/manual: Japanese