One of the big differences between Japanese food culture and most Western ones is that what in the West is considered a side - rice - is the main dish in Japan and everything complements it. And if you don't have fish, meat, or vegetables to give the rice flavor, there's always furikake, a dry condiment made of the core ingredients of Japanese cuisine and which you sprinkle over rice. The Furikake Original Gift Set is an assortment of some of the most popular of these sprinkles - plus a couple of more inventive ones!
The Furikake Original Gift Set comes from Mishima, one of the main makers of furikake, and contains two of their bestsellers, setofumi (bonito flakes and dried egg) and yukari (red shiso leaf). both in 10 packs each. But it also contains three more all-round favorites. including ume (plume) or goma (sesame) that give your rice (or salad or anything else, basically) a characteristically Japanese flavor. And with 50 packs in total it will last for a long, long time!
The Furikake Original Gift Set features:
- Rice seasoning assortment
- Box dimensions: 112 x 60 mm (4.4 x 2.3")
- 5 flavors: ume (plum), setofumi (bonito flakes and dried egg), iwashi (sardine), goma (sesame), yukari (red shiso leaf)
- Quantity: ume 2 g (0.07 oz) x 10 packs, setofumi 2 g (0.07 oz) x 10 packs, iwashi 2.5 g (0.08 oz) x 10 packs, goma 2.5 g (0.08 oz) x 10 packs, yukari 2 g (0.07 oz) x 10 packs
- Store at room temperature without exposure to direct sunlight