This compact helmet looks and acts like a folder. That is, until you need it most when you can whip it out, unzip it and wear it like a helmet. The Full Act Safety Helmet Hood is extremely multi-purpose, featuring a whistle and a host of pockets in which you can store practical emergency tools and supplies like a flashlight, geiger meter, lighter, gloves and so on.
With a minimal design similar to the disaster hoods that Japanese school students have, the materials in fact form a special five-layered helmet, reducing impact from falling objects by a sixth. It is also waterproof to sprinklers or rain, and the exterior even features handy reflective tape that will pick up flashlights and searchlights so rescue workers can find you more easily.
Being only around A4 size it hardly takes any size and can be stored away flat. Get the bag/hood by itself or upgrade to a full emergency kit, which includes gloves, two masks, a mini flashlight, compass and heat retention stickers.
The Full Act Safety Helmet Hood features:
- Colors: yellow, black
- Versions: hood by itself or with full emergency supplies kit
- Size: around 30 x 24 x 3cm (11.8 x 9.4 x 1.2")
- Weight (just hood): around 380g (13.4 oz), around 580g (20.5 oz) (with full kit)
- Materials: polyester, aluminum packing, plastic plate, foamed styrol
- Instructions: Japanese (but easy to wear)