As any Japanese learner has found out the hard way, the kanji characters for different fish are very similar. If you too are struggling with them, or just want a fun way to spend some time while also delving deeper into Japanese culture, the Fish Kanji Teacup Puzzle is for you. The set contains everything you need for not only one, but three games.
For the teacup game, try to match the kanji characters with the pictures of the various fish (names are provided in both Japanese and English). To makes things even more fun, use the chopsticks that come with the set to pick up the pieces and slot them into the cup, which is just like the yunomi cups they serve tea in at sushi restaurants. You can also practice your chopstick skills by piling up the pieces neatly. Another game is a little harder: try playing reversi with the kanji pieces on the game sheet. There's no doubt that after a few rounds, you'll be much better equipped to order at any sushi restaurant in Tokyo!
The Fish Kanji Teacup Puzzle features:
- Japanese learning game in the shape of a sushi restaurant cup
- Includes cup, fish stickers, kanji stickers, pieces, reversi game sheet
- 18 types of fish
- Dimensions: 205 x 150 x 97 mm (8 x 5.9 x 3.8")
- Players: up to 4
- For ages 6 and over
- Material: ABS
- English fish names included
- Includes English information on using chopsticks and game instructions