Thermometers are always handy to have around and if you live in Japan, hygrometers are also a must: especially during summer, knowing how much water vapor is in the air is crucial because, let's face it, it's one of the summer's worst qualities! What the Desktop CO2 Monitor by top personal gadget maker King Jim brings to the table (literally), though, is another element that is very important, especially in these days were the planet isn't in its best shape and especially if you have children: this handy little device also measures the amount of CO2 in the air, which can help you make decisions about the environment you are in.
The Desktop CO2 Monitor's CO2 detection range is from 400 to 5,000 ppm with an error margin of ±5% or +50 ppm. To make things easier, each measurement also comes with an emoticon: you have a smiling face for anything under 700 ppm, a neutral face for slightly elevated measurements (701-1,000 ppm), a frowning face for high measurements (1,001-2,000 ppm), and a beaming frowning face for everything over 2,000 ppm (very high and potentially dangerous). Add a -10°C (14°F) to 50°C (122°F) thermometer and a 20%-95% hygrometer, and you have the perfect way to understand the room you are in!
Specs and Features:
- 4 emoticon CO2 level indicators
- CO2 detection range: 400-5,000 ppm
- CO2 detection error margin: ±5%, +50 ppm
- CO2 detection steps: 1 ppm
- Temperature measuring range: -10°C/14°F to 50°C/122°F
- Temperature measuring error margin: +/- 1-2°C/33.8-35.6°F
- Humidity measuring range: 20-95%
- Humidity measuring error margin: ±5% between 30% and 95%, +/-8% between 20% and 30%
- Dimensions: 86 x 48 x 49 mm (3.3 x 1.8 x 1.9")
- Weight: 78 g (2.7 oz)
- Power: USB (cable included) or 3 AAA alkaline batteries (not included)
- Battery life span: approx. 7 hours
- Instructions: Japanese (but easy to operate)