Nagashi somen are Japanese somen noodles sliding in water down a bamboo chute. It is a Japanese summer institution. You can find them at stalls at summer festival all over the country, ready for the intrepid to try their hand at snatching as many as they can with chopsticks. Once you have caught your noodles, you then dip them in tsuyu sauce and eat them cold. Usually the chute is quite long and winding, but if you want to have the same taste and experience but with little of the fuss right on your dinner table at home, the Toffy Mini Nagashi Somen Slider is a fun and easy solution!
The Toffy Mini Nagashi Somen Slider is available in a choice of colors, meaning you can get the version that better fits with your domestic space. The mechanism is the same. You just fill the tray with boiled somen and up to 3 liters of water, turn it on, and see the somen spinning around. You then need to grab your chopsticks and enjoy trying to catch the noodles! And for a bit more ambience, LEDs are integrated underneath to transform the whole set into a private Japanese summer party for you, your family, and friends!
The Toffy Mini Nagashi Somen Slider features:
- Cold somen noodles serving machine
- Colors: Pale Aqua, Ash White
- Dimensions: approx. 415 x 125 x 275 mm (16.3 x 4.9 x 10.8")
- Weight: approx. 1.6 kg (3.5 lbs)
- Water tray capacity: approx. 3 liters (101 fl oz)
- Power: main tray: 2 x D alkaline batteries (not included), LEDs: 4 x AAA alkaline batteries (not included)
- Continuous operation: approx. 30 minutes
- Instructions: Japanese