Winter can be quite hard in Japan (mountains, the Pacific Ocean, and being long enough to be as north as Siberia, etc.) and Japanese homes are notorious for not having central heating. The heated table-and-futon combination called kotatsu offers some help but it's a piece of furniture - not to mention it can be quite big for modern apartments. What our lifestyles crave for is a kotatsu you can move around in - in other words, the Thanko Wearable Kotatsu Heater, a practical solution that is like a level up from the standard heated blanket!
With a temperature going up to 55°C (131°F), the Thanko Wearable Kotatsu Heater is all you'll ever need in even the coldest climates. Like a heated, wearable sleeping bag, you can stand, sit, lie down, and move around while using the item. It has an internal thermostat to prevent it from overheating and has five different timers, from 5 minutes to 1.5 hour, so you can adjust it to your needs and habits. Studying, watching TV, or just lazing around, this wearable kotatsu makes sure you're always warm no matter how bad the weather is outside!
The Thanko Wearable Kotatsu Heater features:
- Wearable sleeping bag/blanket with heating function
- Dimensions: 48 x 129 x 32 cm (1.5 x 4.2 x 1")
- Waist size: 76-155 cm (2.4-5.1 ft)
- Weight: 1,365 g (3 lbs)
- Power source: AC 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz adapter
- Power output: 24 V 1.5 A
- Temperatures: 35, 45, 55°C (95, 113, 131°F)
- Thermostat: internal
- Timer: 5, 10, 30, 60, 90 minutes
- Cable length: AC adapter 150 cm (4.9 ft), switch 78 cm (2.5 ft)
- Instructions: Japanese (but easy to use)