There are all kinds of fans in the Japanese market, from the traditional handheld paper senshu to accessorize with your kimono, to USB-powered, robot-shaped electric fans for keeping next to your computer at work. The Thanko Step-on Fan is somewhere in this spectrum but is completely different from everything else because it allows you to cool your body from the bottom up as you stand on it. If, like the Japanese, you love hot baths and want something to bring your temperature back down to normal after you get out of the tub, this is a must-have for your bathroom.
Don't worry about having an electric device in your bath: the Thanko Step-on Fan is IPX2 waterproof so you can step on it even when still wet. Its size is about the same as a bathroom scale (258 x 105 x 255 mm, 10.2 x 4.1 x 10"), it has a load-bearing capacity of about 120 kg (265 lbs), and has two modes, so you can adjust the power of the fan to your needs and the temperature of the room. And you don't even need to turn it on: just step on the device and it immediately starts sending a cool breeze up your body!
Specs and Features:
- For cooling legs and lower body
- Modes: low, high
- Waterproof: IPX2
- Dimensions: 258 x 105 x 255 mm (10.2 x 4.1 x 10")
- Weight: approx. 1.2 kg (2.6 lbs)
- Power supply: AC 100 V, 50/60 Hz
- Power consumption: strong mode approx. 160 W, low mode approx. 100 W
- Load-bearing capacity: approx. 120 kg (265 lbs)
- Cable length: approx. 1.8 m (5.9 ft)
- Materials: PC, ABS
- Instructions/manual: Japanese