Cute doesn't stay at home in Japan: as a visit to any workplace, including public services, will show, many people add a touch of kawaii to their office too and the Sumikko Gurashi Shirokuma Humidifier is exactly one such note. What's more, it isn't just about the cute: this little (it measures about 8.9 x 9 x 9 cm or 3.5 x 3.5 x 3.5") device sits next to your computer and improves the air around it (and you) by adding some humidity to it!
Toying with the idea of a Japanese onsen (hot spring) or sento (public bath), the Sumikko Gurashi Shirokuma Humidifier is basically a transparent cup in which a figure of Shirokuma, the white bear from San-X's Sumikko Gurashi universe of very cute animals, sits and waits for your to fill the cup with water so it can take a bath. If you plug the USB cable into your computer's port, the same water will be converted through the cup's ultrasonic engine into a fine spray that disperses in the air around it at 40 ml (1.4 fl oz) per hour!
Specs and Features:
- Dimensions: approx. 8.9 x 9 x 9 cm (3.5 x 3.5 x 3.5")
- Maximum cup capacity: 280 ml (9.5 fl oz)
- Continuous operation time: approx. 6 hours
- Average operating noise: 30-40 dB
- Dry heating prevention function: Yes
- Humidification volume: 40 ml/hour (1.4 fl oz/hour)
- Humidification method: ultrasonic
- Operating voltage: 5 V DC, 220 mA (USB)
- Power consumption: 1.1 W
- USB cable length: approx. 100 cm (3.3 ft)
- Comes with 8-page B5 booklet (Japanese), 3 water supply wicks, other Sumikko Gurashi character stickers
- Instructions/manual: Japanese