Let's face it: the most pedestrian part of even the most imaginative Japanese dish is rice. Even onigiri rice balls, which can have all kinds of surprises in their inside, look pretty much the same on the outside. What can you do to make lunchboxes (and particularly, children's lunchboxes) come alive? Use the Smiling Face Onigiri and Bento Box Art Set!
With the Smiling Face Onigiri and Bento Lunchbox Art Set, you will have all the molds and stencils you need to create faces on regular onigiri rice balls. Eyes, noses, mouths, cheeks and hair can all be made using nori seaweed and the kit's accessories; you only need to supply the rice, nori and your imagination. Great for everyday use as well as parties for people of any age!
The Smiling Face Onigiri and Bento Lunchbox Art Set features:
- Size (rice mold): 11 x 7.5 x 5.5cm (4.3 x 2.9 x 2.1")
- Size (nori cutter: face): 14.5 x 6.5 x 1.5cm (5.7 x 2.5 x 0.5")
- Size (nori cutter: hair): 13 x 14.5 x 0.8cm (5.1 x 5.7 x 0.3")
- Size (cutting mat): 7.5 x 10.5 x 0.2cm (2.9 x 4.1 x 0.07")
- Heat resistance: 120°C/ 248°F (rice mold), 80°C/176°F (cutters), 180°C/356°F (mat)
- Weight (rice mold): 30g (1oz)
- Weight (nori cutter: face): 25g (0.8 oz)
- Weight (nori cutter: hair): 50g (1.7 oz)
- Weight (cutting mat): 20g (0.7 oz)
- Materials: polypropylene (rice mold), ABS (cutter), silicone (mat)
- Rice, seaweed and other ingredients not included
- Instructions: Japanese (but easy to use)