Coffee has always created a culture around it - in the Arab world, Europe, and even traditionally tea-drinking Japan - but the last 10-20 years have been especially revolutionary: technology and globalization have allowed all coffee drinkers to become fully fledged baristas and enjoy the coffee of their dreams at home. Take the siroca SK-D171 Electric Temperature Control Kettle, for example: who would have thought that even non-professionals could have in their kitchen a device allowing so much control over how to achieve the perfect cup? And so elegantly designed, no less?
It's true, though: you can set the temperature of the siroca SK-D171 Electric Temperature Control Kettle from up to 0 to 100°C (212°F) in 1°C steps, so you get the exact temperature needed to free the aromas of your particular blend of coffee. And after the coffee is ready, you can keep the water at that temperature for any time interval between 10 minutes and an hour to enjoy an ideal second or third cup. With a matte black finish that brings to mind vintage pots but with a very modern, digital, and very easy-to-use interface for settings, this kettle will become every home barista's secret weapon!
Specs and Features:
- Heating when empty prevention function
- Temperature fuse
- Dimensions (kettle & base): approx. 25.7 x 21.8 x 19.5 cm (10.1 x 8.5 x 7.6")
- Weight (kettle & base): approx. 0.98 kg (2 lbs)
- Power source: AC 100V, 50/60 Hz
- Power consumption: 900W
- Capacity: 0.8 liter (27 fl oz)
- Power cord length: 1.2 m (3.9 ft)
- Temperature setting: up to 100°C/212°F in 1°C steps
- Warmth-retention time default setting: 30 min.
- Warmth-retention time manual setting: 10-60 min. in 10 min. steps
- Manual/instructions: Japanese (but easy to operate)