Meet Robovie-X. He's flexible. He's athletic. He's fun. Yes, this robot kit is a great set for first-time robot model builders, and the results are guaranteed to satisfy. With seventeen degrees of freedom, it also comes with an onboard controller with an audio system and further ways to customize and expand functions.
Watch Robovie-X walk, dance, flip, side-flip, stand, fight, play soccer, play air-guitar and more. To build you model, you just need to screw on the frame. This means it can be easily remodeled and modified later. He has two LEDs for eyes and audio output, meaning this little robot is expressive and full of character too.
For more ambitious and experienced robot builders, you can expand the sensors with gyro/acceleration board and analogue input board to make Robovie-X more intelligent and functional. For example, by adding a PSD sensor, the robot can react to things.
The Robovie-X features:
- Standard version (KT-X) of moving robot kit
- With VS-S092J servos, VS-RC003HV onboard controller, IXBUS connector
- Degrees of freedom: 17
- Size: 343 x 180 x 71mm (13.5 x 7.1 x 2.8")
- Weight: around 1.3kg (2.9 oz) (including battery)
- OS: Windows 2000, XP, Vista
- Interface: USB
- Servomotor Output: 30ch
- Software: download motion editing software RobovieMaker2
- Power: 6V nickel metal hydride battery
- Instructions: Japanese
- Includes aluminum frame, Servomotor VS-S092J×17, battery, charger, CPU Board (VS-RC003HV), USB cable, screws etc