Seeing the Nousaku Hoop Tin Vase, you wouldn't believe that it's been created by a company continuing a craftsmanship tradition that goes back centuries like Nousaku in Toyama Prefecture's Takaoka. But traditional doesn't necessarily mean conservative, especially in Japan's case. What keeps these traditions alive is exactly such an ability to innovate and mix the old with the new, and this is exactly what this vase (actually a series of vases) is all about: centuries of metalwork fused with modern, imaginative design.
The Nousaku Hoop Tin Vase is available in three different models: Maru, Kaku, and Takaku. Each of them has a round, square, and polygonal pot, respectively, on their base where the actual flowers go and from there on four round, square, or polygonal frames rise up in a zig-zag pattern surrounding and supporting the flowers. Like all products by Nousaku, the vases are 100% tin and can also be used as containers for all kinds of items – not just flowers.
Specs and Features:
- Options: Maru (circles), Kaku (square), Takaku (polygonal)
- Dimensions (Maru): 102 x 61 x 54 mm (4 x 2.4 x 2.1")
- Dimensions (Kaku): 100 x 60 x 54 mm (3.9 x 2.4 x 2.1")
- Dimensions (Takaku): 102 x 70 x 54 mm (4 x 2.4 x 2.1")
- Weight (Maru): 207 g (7.3 oz)
- Weight (Kaku): 264 g (9.31 oz)
- Weight (Takaku): 237 g (8.35 oz)
- Material: 100% tin
- Handmade in Takaoka, Toyama Prefecture