Look behind any object made in Japan and you find a craft that goes back several centuries. This is certainly the case with the Nakagawa Masashichi Shoten Aromatic Candle, a perfect example of warosoku: classic Japanese candles with the distinctive inverted cone shape, a thick wick that makes them burn much brighter than regular candles, and a body made of 100% vegetable oils and fats. Once found exclusively at Buddhist temples, they can now become part of your everyday life, so you can benefit from their soft light.
Each of the four Nakagawa Masashichi Shoten Aromatic Candles has a distinctly subtle fragrance that fills your room during the five hours it burns. Choose from sandalwood, violet, berry, or white birch. Their quality is guaranteed by Nakagawa Masashichi Shoten, a shop that has been operating in Nara since 1716 and which specializes in finding and promoting the best local craftspeople have to offer!
Specs and Features:
- Options: sandalwood, violet, berry, white birch
- Burn time: approx. 5 hours
- Dimensions (candle): 5 x 5 cm (1.9 x 1.9")
- Dimensions (box): 5.5 x 5.5 x 6.5 cm (2.1 x 2.1 x 2.5")
- Materials: vegetable oils and fats (wax, tea seed oil, etc.), Japanese paper
- Handmade in Nara by traditional store Nakagawa Masashichi Shoten (est. 1716)