It entered the Tokyo coffee shop scene rather recently, but matcha latte (or matcha milk, matcha au lait) - matcha green tea with milk and cream - became an almost instant hit, offering a tea alternative to the omnipresent filter coffee. If you want to try for yourself this very Japanese version of cappuccino, the Ito Kyuemon Uji Matcha Green Tea Cappuccino is the best way to do it. After all, this drink comes from one of Kyoto's most famous matcha specialty shops and features matcha from Kyoto's Uji region, renown for growing the best matcha crop in Japan.
The Ito Kyuemon Uji Matcha Green Tea Cappuccino comes as 18 single-serve stick sachets, each enough for a nice hot (or cold) cup of matcha latte. This is instant, so you only need to add the water or, if you want it really milky, water and milk. Kep in mind, though, that Ito Kyuemon's mix already contains enough nondairy creamer and powdered nonfat milk to make it deliciously creamy. Make yourself one and imagine you are sitting at a cafe in Tokyo's Ginza people-watching on a rainy day!
The Ito Kyuemon Uji Matcha Green Tea Cappuccino features:
- From top tea grower Ito Kyuemon (Itohkyuemon)
- 18 single-serve sticks
- Dimensions: 5.6 x 12.8 x 15 cm (2.2 x 5 x 5.9")
- Weight (per stick): 12 g (0.4 oz)
- Best consumed: by 45 days from production date
- Contains: nondairy creamer, sugar, powdered nonfat milk, corn syrup, lactose, vegetable fat, matcha green tea, fructose
- Instructions: Japanese (but easy to prepare)
- Made in Japan