It's an instinctive move: we return home and put our key down, somewhere close to the door. So how is it that we are always misplacing our keys and never seem to remember where we put them? The I'm home Key Holder and Hanger is a solution to this problem that is as imaginative as it is stylish. And it couldn't not be both, since it is a product of the brain of one of Japan's most award-winning designers, Ayako Ono of Ono and Associates Inc.
Using two shapes – a person and a house – that are instantly recognizable even for preschoolers, the I'm home Key Holder and Hanger is a keyring (the person) that can hold all your keys as well as a place to keep the keyring (the house) when you return home. Just install the house part next to your door and put the person in the house. The connection is so elementary that it will become a habit from the first time you do it! Made of either black cherry or hard maple wood, it also features sturdy nickel-plated iron and silver-plated brass for the ring.
Specs and Features:
- Options: black cherry, hard maple
- 2 pieces: house, person
- Materials: wood (black cherry or hard maple), silver-plated brass, nickel-plated iron
- Dimensions (house): approx. 66 x 9 x 77 mm (2.5 x 0.3 x 3")
- Dimensions (person): approx. 40 x 12 x 44 mm (1.5 x 0.47 x 1.7")
- Key ring (diameter): approx. 16 mm (0.6")
- Weight (house): 22 g (0.8 oz)
- Weight (person & keyring): 9 g (0.31 oz)
- Design: Ayako Ono
- Made in Japan