Stationery has been an art in Japan since the arts of paper-making and calligraphy were first brought in from China and the industry continues to come up with innovative products every year. Sometimes, though, innovation comes not only in matters of functionality but also in aesthetics, and the Hanairo Flower Pencils are one such product. Plus they have yet another merit: made of recycled paper, they are also environmentally friendly!
In five colors all named after flowers, of course, the light pink sakura, the deep pink kobai, the yellow tanpopo, the green tokiwa, and the blue bikyo, the Hanairo Flower Pencils give you a beautiful palette to draw with. But what makes them even more beautiful is that when you sharpen them (a sharpener is included), their flower-shaped shafts make wonderful flower-patterned shavings that you can use in other crafts. No wonder they have been collecting awards wherever they have been presented!
The Hanairo Flower Pencils features:
- Set of colored pencils in Japanese colors and made from recycled materials
- 5 colors: sakura (light pink), kobai (deep pink), tanpopo (yellow), tokiwa (green), kikyo (blue)
- Sharpener included
- Winners of several design awards
- Materials (shaft): 51% recycled paper, 49% PP
- Materials (stem): pigment, wax
- Materials (sharpener): ABS, SK2 steel, nickel alloy
- Package dimensions: 80 x 34 x 32 mm (3.1 x 1.3 x 1.2")
- Package weight: 70 g (2.4 oz)
- Made in Japan