Calbee is a name that fans of Japanese savory snacks know and love. The Tokyo company has been making snacks for over 70 years and its main output has always been potatoes. The Japanese can be quite imaginative when it comes to snacks, so forget just the usual French fries or chips. The Calbee Jaga Pirika Potatoes are one such example. Different in shape (i.e., cubes!) and in color (i.e., white, yellow, and purple!) and flavored only with Okhotsk sea salt, this is a whole new generation of potato snack.
The name "pirika" comes from the language of the Ainu people indigenous to Hokkaido and means - wait for it - "cute." And indeed the Calbee Jaga Pirika Potatoes are cute, thanks to their lively, multicolored appearance, which is owed to the fact they are made of three potato varieties (Toyoshiro, Inca no Mezame, and Kita Murasaki) - all grown in Hokkaido. But don't let any of this distract you from the main selling point: this pack of 10 mini bags contains some of the tastiest potatoes you have tried!
The Calbee Jaga Pirika Potatoes feature:
- Unique Japanese potato snack
- Multicolored and multi-flavored
- 1 pack contains 10 mini bags
- Weight/bag: 18 g (0.6 oz)
- Contains: non-GMO potatoes, vegetable oil, Okhotsk sea salt, antioxidants
- Potatoes from 3 varieties (Toyoshiro, Inca no Mezame, Kita Murasaki) grown in Hokkaido
- Energy/bag: 103 kcal
- Protein/bag: 0.8 g (0.02 oz)
- Fat/bag: 6.8 g (0.23 oz)
- Carbohydrates/bag: 9.7 g (0.34 oz)
- Salt equivalent/bag: 0.1 g (0.003 oz)
- Instructions: Japanese