Strengthening the core muscles, the zone that includes the muscles around the belly and the lower back, is one of the biggest breakthroughs in the world of exercise over the last 20 years. Even more impressive is that one of the best methods to build a stronger core is the plank, where you hold the raised position of a push-up for the longest time possible. What the Atex Lourdes Style Balance Board for Planks does is take the plank one step further, adding another challenge: balance!
The Atex Lourdes Style Balance Board for Planks is essentially a disc with a bulge that tests your ability to keep it flat as you plank. This means that you constantly do micro-movements that multiply the effort and therefore the effectiveness of your planks. It even has a game-like function built in: push the start button and a LED light starts lighting across its ridge; as long as you stay balanced, the light continues until it makes a full circle. Can you do it? It sounds simple but it requires a lot of core strength and this is a really engaging way to build it!
The Atex Lourdes Style Balance Board for Planks features:
- For planking
- Core-building exercise device
- Game mode for more fun during exercise
- Color: silver
- Dimensions: approx. 400 x 280 x 90 mm (15.7 x 11 x 3.5")
- Weight: approx. 1.3 kg (2.8 lbs)
- Materials: ABS resin, thermoplastic elastomer
- Power: 4 AA dry cell batteries (not included)
- One game round: 60 seconds
- Sound on/off
- Automatic timer: approx. 5 minutes
- Instructions: Japanese