The JR Yamanote line is definitely Tokyo’s most iconic route, for better or for worse, thanks to the number of commuters who pile in twice daily. We can’t think of a better way to pay homage to this famous train than the Yamanote Line Watch from SeaHope Art & Design.
The face is a loving recreation of one of four signboard from Shinjuku, Ebisu, Shinagawa, and Ikebukuro stations, each key stop on the circular line. One press of the side button lights up the time, displayed in the manner of an arrival announcement for the next train. Another press calls up the month and date, along with an illuminated indication that the next train will not stop at this station.
These displays, identical to the original platform signage, make use of the latest organic LED technology. Meanwhile, the sturdy brass metal case and metal band are built to last, just like the train itself.
Yamanote Line Watch features:
• Options: Ebisu, Ikebukuro, Shinagawa, Meguro, or Shinjuku version
• Case size: 55 x 30 x 10mm (2.2 x 1.2 x 0.4in)
• Materials: brass metal (case), metal (band), mineral glass (face)
• Uses 2 CR2032 batteries (included)
• Water resistant
• Made in China
• Includes: 1-year warranty, user’s manual (Japanese only), and exclusive case