Health gadget specialists Tanita have come up with a simple way for people with diabetes or metabolic syndrome to test themselves, thanks to this Portable Urine Glucose Meter. No needles are required or, importantly, any blood, allowing users to gain an accurate glucose level from urine alone.
The reading will be similar to blood sugar levels, taken by a enzyme electrode biosensor unit inside the cap. Once you've peed onto the sensor, you put the cap on and wait for the measurement, which should take just six seconds. This starter set includes everything you need, including a sensor cartridge and solutions.
The Tanita Portable Urine Glucose Meter features:
- Tanita UG-201 portable urine glucose tester
- Measurement range: 0-2000mg per deciliter
- Indicated in units of 10mg/dL
- Accuracy: CV 10%
- Size: 68 x 118 x 22mm (2.7 x 4.6 x 0.9")
- Weight: around 80g (2.8 oz) (without battery)
- Power: CR2032 lithium watch battery (lasts around 180 days if used 3 times per day)
- Sensor cartridge: can be used up to 200 times in 60 days
- Set includes battery, sensor cartridge and solutions x 2, tester unit cleaning solution
- Instructions: Japanese