Where do you start when describing the phenomenon that is the Tamagotchi? Bandai's groundbreaking digital handheld pet game spawned dozens of imitators, sold 78 million units, and inspired a whole generation of kids to religiously rear little creatures only on small screens. But in Japan this is more than just amusement for children. When you live in Tokyo the chances are you cannot have a real pet in your apartment. Innovations like Tamagotchi become a real substitute for urbanites in need of companionship.
To celebrate reaching the milestone of 15 years since the first Tamagotchi was released, Bandai has created a new special edition model featuring a wealth of different scenes and 32 cute characters, including 11 ones unique to the iD series. Available in purple or pink, the latest Tamagotchi iD L version has a color screen and the iD series' functions where you can swap items between different Tamagotchi pet owners. If you're a romantic at heart - and you've got to have a heart to have a Tamagotchi - then you can even now court and then marry another digital pet!
The Tamagotchi iD L 15th Anniversary Model features:
- Color: pink or purple
- Size: 58 x 68 x 32mm (2.3 x 2.7 x 1.3")
- Weight: around 68g (2.4 oz) (including batteries)
- Featuring 15 male characters and 17 female ones, including many new characters
- Many new games
- Infra-connectivity for swapping items with other players
- 1.44-inch TFT color screen
- Recommended for ages 6 and over
- Power: AAA batteries x 2 (not included)
- Instructions: Japanese