It's no secret that Japanese dentistry leaves a lot to be desired. But don't judge local teeth only through the lens of only what you are used to. There are some differences in aesthetic here. Take yaeba (snaggletooth), for instance. It's not anyone by a long shot but there is nonetheless a certain swathe of Japanese girls, or media outlets at any rate, who think that having snaggleteeth is "cute", as perhaps Americans might see Kirsten Dunst as the "Girl Next Door".
Forget perfect pearlies. Certain celebrities or models are seen as kawaii or sweet in part thanks to their bad teeth. If you are a Japanese girl who then wants to emulate this look, then here is your perfect oral tool, the Magical Tooth.
You may have read online accounts of dental procedures in Japan to make teeth "imperfect". While we cannot say that is a widespread phenomenon at all, this Magical Tooth set is certainly a cheaper alternative to surgery! Just make the mold using the powder, trim the size of the "teeth", and then slip these fake snaggles over your incisors for that unique look.
The Magical Tooth Yaeba Snaggleteeth features:
- Pair of fake "crooked" teeth (left and right)
- Note the teeth need to be prepared by melting the powder to create a mold, and then setting the tooth to the right shape in your mouth
- Takes around 10 minutes to complete process
- Wait five minutes for mold to turn to white
- Instructions: Japanese only
- Materials: ABS, SBR