Electronic devices need not look, well, electronic anymore. Apple has given us some of the slickest designs any fanboy could dream for. Meanwhile, countless other products have take a "pop" approach, creating fun and colorful devices. Green House, Japan's specialist USB products brand, chose a different path with this Branch Fan, a highly original take on the now hackneyed USB desk fan device.
As the name suggests, the Branch Fan is a tree branch or log-style design, looking like wood that has just been cut from a nearby forest. However, the colors (blue, white or pink) create a very special "pop eco" glossy feel and the whole fan is very compact. The result? Cute functionality married with nature-themed design.
It's super practical: Add a sponge to the filter and then some drops of aroma oils, or you can just let the fan blow refreshing air over you while you work. It is both battery- and USB-powered, making this a very convenient accessory for office workers trapped to their desk during the dog days. Plus the fan can be adjusted to different wind directions or air strength settings.
The Green House Branch Fan features:
- Color: blue, white or pink
- Size: 180 x 132 x 137mm (7.1 x 5.1 x 5.4")
- Weight: around 240g (8.5 oz)
- Power: USB 1.1/2.0, AAA batteries x 4
- DC 5V
- Lasts around 135 minutes continuously on low setting
- Fan direction can be adjusted
- Fan settings: 2-stage adjustment (strong, weak)
- Includes USB cable, filter and aroma sponges x 3
- Instructions: Japanese (but self-explanatory)