We all know that fans are better than air-conditioning for the environment and your health. But we aslso know that they can be bulky and take up valuable space in the home. Think again. Sharp has come up with perhaps the ultimate cooling fan for the discerning household. The Slim Ion Fan is not only propeller-less and sleek, it sends out 25,000 ion plasmaclusters thanks to its ion generator, helping keep the air in the room fresh and free of odors. The fan's internal propellers have been based on the wings of a dragon fly, in keeping with one of the spirit of the summer while learning from mother nature.
You can adjust the angle and scope of the air both up and down, and left to right in three different ranges. The tower fan uses a DC motor to maintain a low decibel rate, as well as save energy (and power costs). Armed with three types of sensor (temperature, light and humidity), automatically supplying refreshing air flow to the stifling room when it detects it's necessary, and also serving as a gentle lamp at night. Use the remote control or touch panel to adjust the fan to any of the thirty-two different settings. There are also two different color tones (white or black), so you can match the right design for your home decor.
The Sharp Slim Ion Fan features:
- PF-ETC1 25,000 plasmacluster slim ion fan
- Color: white or black
- Power: 2.0-24W, 50/60Hz, 100V
- Size: 240 x 240 x 870mm (9.4 x 9.4 x 34.2")
- Ideal room size: around 20 meter-square
- Weight: around 4kg (8.8 lb) (without parts)
- Cord length: around 1.8m (5.9 ft)
- Remote control power: AAA batteries DC1.5V x 2 (included)
- Sound: 17dB (without left/right, up/down swing)
- Timer: 1 / 2 / 4 / 6 hours
- Swin: 60 / 20 degrees (up to down); 60 / 90 / 120 degrees (left to right)
- Instructions: Japanese (but panel is easy to use)
- Includes: AC adapter, remote control, cleaning brush